Welcome to the GJmakerspace Wiki
Information, knowledge, rules, procedures, and other topics are documented here.
Who We Are:
We are membership based community, non-profit, workshop/laboratory providing tools, knowledge, and learning resources for our members.
- The resources available to our members are there for them to learn, experiment, or develop products/projects.
- Everyone in our community is encouraged to share their knowledge to help others learn something new. The GJmakerspace also holds unique educational events and showcases of members projects to further the educational needs of our members.
- At the GJmakerspace we believe that collaboration and sharing is an effective form of education that is not commonly thought of in our current culture.
Capabilities - Equipment
6 FDM(Fused Deposition Modeling) style printers. These style printers use a filament that is extruded through a heated nozzle in a series of layers.
- Mendel - RepRap style printer 200mm(X) x 200mm(Y) x 140mm(Z)
- LulzBot TAZ 3.1 298mm x 275mm x 250mm
- PrintrBot(Black color) 150mm x 150mm x 150mm
- PrintrBot(White color) 150mm x 150mm x 150mm
- Awesome X 275mm x 265mm x 241mm Formerly proprietary controls and materials, now it is Awesome-X not a 3D Cube-X
- MakerBot Replicator 285mm x 153mm x 155mm
2 Laser Systems
- Epilog Fusion 60W CO2 Laser System - 28"x40" cutting area. Cut/Etch on wood, plastic, cardboard, paper, cloth, stone(etch), glass(etch). Does not cut metal or etch on metal.
- Spectrum 20"x12"
- Oscilloscope 100MHz 2-Channel
- Function Generator
- LCR Meter
- Power Supplies
- Soldering tools
- Arduino (micro-controller) and Raspberry Pi (embedded Linux micro-computer) experiment stations
- CAD AutoDesk Inventor, AutoDesk Fusion 360, Blender, 123D Applicatons)
- Programming Arduino
- Various 3D Printing tools
Policies (**Visitors/New members, please review)
How to Find Us
We are located in the The Business Incubator Center
Directions: GJMakerspace, 2590 26 7/8 Road, Grand Junction, CO 81503
Coming in from Grand Junction, go over the 5th street bridge toward Orchard Mesa. Bear right (and turn right) at the intersection of 26 ¼ road (and Unaweep) This will bring you into the cemetery. Follow the signs through the cemetery. At the bottom of the hill, turn to the left past the Department of Energy complex. Take your next right hand turn, going over the railroad tracks and into the Business Incubator complex. The building straight ahead as you enter through the gate is the administration building and the GJmakerspace is on the left side of the building, enter through the double brown doors and go straight ahead to the main room.